Marisa Jackson: About the Artist
Welcome to MarisaMade!! I'm Marisa Jackson, artist and designer of all things in this shop! I am a mom to 3 boys (all under the age of 10). My husband, kids, and I reside in the beautiful mountains of West Virginia.
MarisaMade began as a creative outlet for me as a stay and home mom, and grew into a stationery shop where I offer hand-painted stationery, art prints, and gifts items like stickers!
My inspiration for my work comes from so many different places! Calligraphy my family, and the beautiful mountains of WV always provide so many ideas! I love florals, mountains, lakes, and bright colors, especially pink!
Part of my mission as a creative is to use my art for good. My middle son has a rare genetic syndrome called FOXG1 and I try to raise awareness for FOXG1 syndrome through my artwork. In 2021, I will be starting a personal blog about our life as a special needs family! I will update you when I have the site ready to go!
For all of the process behind the creative goodness, follow me on instagram! I hope that you enjoy what you see, and feel free to drop me a note to say hey!
6. Things About Me
1. I'm a professional calligrapher and member of IAMPETH
2. My husband is an Engineer- the opposite of me. I like to guesstimate, and he's has to measure everything exactly!
3. I love decaf tea- I'm especially hooked on Harney & Sons Vanilla thanks to my BFF. I don't drink caffeine.
4. My husband and I love cooking/baking and are working our way through Jacque Pepin's cookbooks!
5. Jennifer Garner was my tap and ballet teacher when I was little!! I remember she used to treat myself and the other girl in our tap class with whistle pops! When she left to pursue her educational career as an actress, she wrote me a note telling me never to give up! Of course, I lost the note, but I've never forgotten her advice!
6. I'm obsessed with Outlander, and now Bridgerton. I love a good period novel and tv series!